Thursday, November 3, 2016

The Omega Girl: Epilogue - Birth Of A Dead Man, pt. 1 (Apocalyptia Solo Playthrough, SGAM 2016)

I like to include a sort of stream of consciousness as I'm gaming, even during the character creation stage. This is the first one I built. I cut out some of my really extraneous notes but you'll see what I was going for - someone that was tailor-made for foraging on his own. One of the big pieces to the game system is crafting a base though, which is a lot harder than it sounds. We'll learn that lesson tomorrow though.


-=-

CREATING VINCE (who will be my first character, which mean focusing on survival via scavenging, which is Perception, maybe with high Luck)

Step 1: Vincenc Eutychius Kr├╝ger, 6', Caucasian, dark hair and eyes, thirty-three

Step 2, 3: 12pts to assign to Traits, (Brains x 6)pts to Skills
Agility 3
-Acrobatics 1
-Larceny 1
-Range 3
Brains 4
-Build 4
-Medicine 4
-Science 4
Constitution 3
-Drive
-Melee 3
-Survival 4 (Forage +1)
Demeanor 2
-Entertain
-Leadership
-Tame
Stealth 3
Perception 4
Athletics 3
Socialize 2

Step 4:
Speed = 6
XP = 4
Carry = 18
Luck = 2
Defenses = Block (3), Dodge (1), Reflex (4)
Health = Head/Arms/Legs (3), Torso (6)
Weapon ATK = (Melee or Range + whatever mods)
Psyche = 5/6 dots

Step 5: Abilities (use Brains x 6 = 24pts)
[9] +1 Luck
[9] Unorthodox Methods (use Brains for Survival)
[3] Specialize +1 Forage
[3] Favorite Weapon Compound Bow

Step 6: Gear
Clothes, Backpack, Knife, Food can, Water bottle
Armor = [5,4] Shinguards
Melee Weapons = [3,5] Knife
Ranged Weapons = [2,2] Compound Bow w/2 target arrows
MGL = [2,4,4] Dust Mask, [4,6,1] Pepper Spray, [5,2,4] Rollerblades

This... is a more awkward assortment than I usually get even. Rollerblades might be helpful, kind of, in a city... and two knives? The entry for compound bow confuses me - I think it's trying to say something about requiring a Constitution roll to Aim it but I'm not sure - so we'll just ignore that detail. Two knives means whittling more arrows I guess, so that'd be some sort of Build roll. Hmm. Weird. Well, on to actually making the sheet!

[Several hours of a lazy Friday later...]

Okay, so that's done. Not sure how I'm going to update things daily but we'll worry about that later. There's not a lot to track. I think I'll start out just waking up on the roof of a hospital, wearing a jumpsuit, shinguards, and backpack and with the knives in belt sheaths and bow in a sling (yes, those exist) on my shoulder. No memory of how I got there (don't worry, I have a plan...ish...), so down through the hospital we go!


-=-
...and there you go. It's always interesting for me to go back and read what I was thinking at the time in light of what happens later. Not everyone digs these sorts of details but I really think it's important, especially in a situation like this where I'm really just striving for creative writing prompts, to take copious notes about everything in the moment. Later, if I need a plot point or an arc or something, I can review why I did what I did. Sometimes it helps, sometimes I just chuckle and reflect how much I probably have in common with a loner on the brink of insanity wandering through the world in a daze.

With Brightest of (don't get too attached to Vince... just sayin') Greens,
BW

No comments:

Post a Comment