Monday, December 31, 2012

Bwogcraft #1 (Minecraft Game Review)


So Minecraft is basically the best game ever.

It's essentially an infinite source of LEGOs in a world-shaped arena with weather, animals, crops, and passage of time. And creepers. I was gifted a game code... goodness, was it really two years ago?... and I've played the junk out of it. I started a game last night with the seed "The Blogosphere" and this is a shot of my simple log house after about an hour of play. I started out pretty much where the little piggy is and in the distance you can see a Testificate village. It's a bit dangerous, as the ground it spawned on is uneven and some buildings aren't reachable without building some stairs of some sort, but it's chock full of the handsome guys just waiting to trade me stuff for more stuff. I'm playing on Peaceful which means there's no baddies and no hunger and I'm doing that primarily because I want to so deal with it. I'll switch settings at some point, okay? My goal is to keep this world going longer than a few days (because I like starting out brand new and get bored easily) and bwog about it from time to time.

I tend toward simple builds using logs and cobblestone, sometimes with dyed wool for carpets, and windows. I like to let vines grow on the house and since this one is made of jungle wood it just makes sense. I'm also trying to get some lovely soil up on my roof to make a garden up there for some potatoes and carrots and wheat. The village has garden boxes of all of those but I prefer to have my own veggies of course. Underneath my floorboards is what can only be dubbed The Bwogcave. It's twisting tunnels lead you down, down, down, until - a mineshaft! I haven't explored it much yet, though they're usually a good source of trinkets and preciouses. Did I mention the blacksmith in the village had three diamonds? Score.

So that's Minecraft in a blocky nutshell. I plan on updating regularly, along with Skyrim and a couple other cool games, so stick around! If you're interested in checking out The Blogosphere world firsthand, let me know - I can open up my Hamachi server and you can visit!

With Brightest of (Exploding Creeper) Greens,
BW

No comments:

Post a Comment